Monday, January 19, 2009

Jack and Jill...



We were on a hike in Jim Corbett Park, in the foothills of the Himalayas when I noticed that there was a Jar, on it's side, making it's way up the hill on a path parallel to us. It was kind of skimming it's way up the hill on the top of the bushes. I ignored it like I do most of the other times I see imaginary things and thought I probably ought to get a little more exercise. After a minute or so I sow that there was a woman dressed in a typically beautiful sari carrying it on her head. I was kind of relieved and amazed at the same time. The woman was walking to a water source up the hill to fetch a jar of water. It was a bit of a walk and she did not look the least bit winded. In fact, she looked kind of care free. And how is that thing not rolling off her head? Live and learn McGann, live and learn.

Correction:


My Aunt sent me a note letting me know that this is not a sari but a salwar kameez (AKA shalwar kameez). Thanks Aunt Elaine!


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salwar_kameez

No comments: