Monday, October 6, 2008

Okhla Vegetable Market

The Okhla Vegetable Market, located in southern Delhi, sells fruit and vegetables in bulk for super cheap prices (they are a wholesaler). It was kind of crazy, but the same kind of hectic craziness that you might find at wholesale vegetable markets in the US. Kind of like the old Fulton Fish Market. When the vendors saw that I had a camera, they kind of went bonkers and everyone wanted their picture taken. I actually can not figure that out. People here LOVE having their picture taken. I guess that's better than people throwing rocks at me as I try to take their picture though. I am going back next week. The Muslim vendors were not there for religious reasons and I was told they make up a huge part of the market population.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: