Thursday, March 5, 2009

For The Purposes Of Comparison Part Two



About a month or so ago, we were in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and we went to an excellent restaurant. On the menu was something like lobster and mangosteen salad or crab and mangosteen salad. In the description of the dish, the ingredients included one hundred grams of lobster and two hundred grams of mangosteen. Of course, I confused "mangosteen" for "langosteen", which is kind of a mix between lobster and shrimp so I thought it was going to be 300 grams of seafood in some kind of yummy salad. Guess what? That's right, you guessed it, Apparently langosteen and mangosteen are two different things.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangosteen



Now, I was not disgruntled when it turned out that mangosteen was a fruit but I was disgruntled when what Kristina ordered for dinner was way better than what I ordered. Absolutely crushedit. Okay, maybe I was not disgruntled but I certainly wasn't gruntled. I have seen mangosteens in produce sections of markets in India and I bought these today. A little bit different than Beer Can Chicken, no? Anyway, this is more typical of the food we have been eating in India for the last ten months as far as health goes.


No comments: