Thursday, January 29, 2009

Coffee Shop, Malaysia Style

On one of the days that we were in Malaysia, we decided to jump on the train, take it to the last stop, and then work our way back randomly. We had no specific destination or tourist spot we wanted to see, we just jumped on the train or walked to the next train station when we were ready to move on. We got to see a few neat things that we might otherwise have not. Here's one. In one neighborhood we saw a bunch of guys drinking coffee so I decided to order one. The woman asked me if I wanted it to go and, a little surprised (we were kind of in the sticks), I said yes. She gave it to me in her version of a "to go" cup. I think the shots Kristina took make this situation fall into the "asked and answered" category. How about you?


3 comments:

Jin said...

You should have ordered an espresso.

Joe and Kristina said...

Dude, I don't know how to say that (or anything) in Malay and I do not think she is going to be speaking English any time soon.

Jin said...

espresso is not ingrish.