Monday, August 11, 2008

Jackfruit

We had a number of firsts this past weekend. One was Jackfruit. We had the opportunity to try it in a number of forms including fried and in a sweet, sticky jam. We also had the seeds in a curry. All were amazing, delicious, and maybe similar to, but not quite like anything we have had before. We have photos of trees pointed out to us on Saturday but not of the fruits themselves. I'm technically challenged tonight so I can't add a photo but maybe Joe will in the next few days. In the meantime, I'll refer you here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackfruit

I'm not necessarily encouraging shipping any more food anywhere (eat local), but I can't believe everyone hasn't had an opportunity to try this. Many, many thanks to the generosity of Nipin's family! Beyond the Jackfruit, they fed us like royalty. And made us feel right at home.

More to come about our trip...

No comments: